Monday, October 3, 2011

Cinderella and Other Stuff

I've just returned the movie Hereafter to the library.  They'll be glad to have that back.

Anyway, last night I watched Hilary Duff in A Cinderella Story.  I was surprised I finished watching it at all because I had several interruptions that kept forcing me to pause it.

A Cinderella Story


"Routinely exploited by her wicked stepmother, the downtrodden Sam Montgomery is excited about the prospect of meeting her Internet beau at the school's Halloween dance."

I've always loved the story of Cinderalla since I was a little girl, and I own several different versions of the movie as an adult.  However, I've watched this version so many times I could recite every line almost word for word and it's starting to lose its appeal.  The only reason I watched it again last night was because I was bored and hadn't seen it in several months.

I like Hilary Duff's acting, but there's only so much I can take of Chad Michael Murray and Jennifer Coolidge.  My favorite part still is when Sam and Austin are dancing in the gazebo at the Halloween dance to Edwin McCain's "I'll Be."  That's the main reason I still subject myself to this movie over and over again.  I love Edwin McCain!

I also own the sequel to this movie called Another Cinderella Story that has Selena Gomez and Drew Seeley that came out in 2008.  Four years after the original came out.   I prefer the sequel, and like it a lot more than A Cinderella Story.


Coming to a video store near you is A Cinderella Story: Once Upon A Song!  My reaction to that news: Talk about beating a dead horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment