Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Lion Sleeps Tonight...

That's right, I watched The Lion King and The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride in the last couple days.  My brother borrowed the DVDs from his friend a couple weekends ago, and his friend won't return a couple of my movies until he gets his back.

The Lion King


"Tricked into thinking he killed his father, a guilt ridden lion cub flees into exile and abandons his identity as the future King."

I haven't watched the original Lion King in a long time, and it was nice to see it on DVD for a change.  I own the VHS only.  (Yes, people still have videocasettes!)  I've liked this movie for a long time because I used to have a major crush on Jonathan Taylor Thomas (voice of young Simba), but I've grown out of that now.  It's still nice to watch once in a while for a chance at remembering a simpler time.

I give this movie 5 stars!


The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride


"Simba's daughter is the key to a resolution of a bitter feud between Simba's pride and the outcast pride led by the mate of Scar."


Okay, so this movie came out in 2008 and tonight was my first time actually seeing the entire thing.  I've seen bits and pieces of it when it came on television.  It had my family and I tearing up by the end of it.  Really great movie!  I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Matthew Broderick was the voice of Simba, and he could sing!

I give it 5 stars!


Tooth Fairy


I know I watched this movie, and reviewed it a few days ago.  My sister is visiting from Madras this week and she hadn't seen it, and I haven't watched it enough to be sick of it yet.  She enjoyed it!

I had previously stated Derek Thompson had to serve two weeks as a tooth fairy, but he actually had a third week tagged on during the movie for a botched assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment